solved - RE: [Xen-devel] can't create any more pv-on-hvm domains...

Well... it's working now.

I upgraded all the non-xen related packages that I could think of (my system is
mostly lenny but some packages were still etch), and noticed that
/etc/init.d/xend appeared to still be owned by a Debian xen package I had
missed earlier. Deleting that also blew away my xend-config.sxp file.

Once I put all of that back together it suddenly worked properly. I would like
to find out the cause though, for future reference, so I'll do a bit of digging
and see if putting the original /etc/init.d/xend back causes the problem to
reoccur etc. Comparing that with the one from Etch it doesn't look much
different...

Thanks for all the assistance!

James