Re: [Xen-devel] Disabling cirrus-vga

  • To: "Stefano Stabellini" <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "billy lau" <billylau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:11:38 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jun Koi <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:12:04 -0800

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
billy lau wrote:

> Let me ask a simple question. If i use the option of stdvga, and yet I
> passthrough my primary graphics card to the guets, am I supposed to be
> able to access the graphics card from the guest? I still could not solve
> the issue of the driver in hvm guest not being able to access resources.

I think until you figure out what exactly is causing the problem you are
having with passthrough, it is best if you try without any other
emulated graphic card.

I mean, that's exactly what I wanted to do. I want to disable all emulated graphics card, including cirrus-vga so that my guest can directly access the graphics card. That was when the error with the device model failure, which I was not able to identify why.

- billy

- billy