RE: [Xen-devel] guest attempted write to read-only memory page.

I guess it's combined effect from 18891 and 18931. In 18891,
Tim reintroduced vm86 if possible. I didn't change anything and
thus it's interesting that I'm the only one to report this issue. :-)

>Possibly we should silence the shadow code too, at least
>perhaps while in
>real mode or for a certain EIP range.

I'm not sure that's the right fix. Why is write access to rom disabled
before rom scan when etherboot is known to have write requirement?

#ifdef HVMASSIST
  call _enable_rom_write_access
  call _clobber_entry_point
  call _copy_e820_table
  call smbios_init
  call _disable_rom_write_access
#endif

  call _init_boot_vectors

  mov  cx, #0xc800  ;; init option roms
  mov  ax, #0xe000
  call rom_scan

Should we move disable action to post rom_scan? If shadow warning
is simply silenced for such case, it seems breaking the purpose of
disable_dom_write_access...

Thanks,
Kevin