[Xen-devel] Re: XenParavirtOps wiki page updates

Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Also, when the procfs settings (like independent_wallclock)
>> disappeared I got the impression that the system times are now
>> unconditionally synced.
>
> No, the opposite - its never synced, except at domain boot.

Heh, I probably had a look after boot, noticed that it was synced, and
drew the wrong conclusion.  And never revisited it.

>> Probably I'm just confused and all is well now...  I'll set up and
>> test this again.  Thanks for the hint!
>
> Please keep me informed.  RH has been shipping pvops kernels for a
> while now, and their stock install starts ntp.  I would have assumed
> that I'd have heard about any time sync problems by now...

Yes, things seem to be fine indeed.  I reinstalled ntp on several
domUs, and they have been keeping the time synced for a couple of
days now.  Thanks again for clearing it up, this problem is history.
--
Regards,
Feri.