Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.28 and balloon driver

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.28 and balloon driver"):
> Looks like the write function uses memparse which understands the M, K
> etc suffixes and defaults to bytes. The ability to say balloon to <n>M
> is quite nice but for the sake of consistency with the name it's
> probably preferable to just treat the value as a number of Kbytes.

Since you're changing the name anyway, can't we change the users of
the file to understand the new units too ?

Ie, I think we should have
  /sys/devices/system/xen_memory/xen_memory0/targe
which when read produces a number of bytes and which uses the default
memparse function.  If nothing else this is more likely to be
something upstream mind less.

Ian.