RE: [Xen-devel] More on 2.6.28 and balloon driver

Hi Jeremy --

It appears that in the upstream balloon driver,
the call to HYPERVISOR_update_va_mapping is missing
from decrease_reservation.  I think as a result,
the balloon driver is eating memory but not
releasing it to Xen, thus rendering the balloon
driver essentially useless.  (Can be observed via xentop.)

Is this just a bug/oversight, or was there maybe
a problem pushing this code upstream?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. Also please see related balloon driver thread
on xen-devel yesterday (Jan 06).