Re: [Xen-devel] testing 32bit PAE pv_ops dom0...

  • To: "Marc - A. Dahlhaus" <mad@xxxxxx>
  • From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:32:42 +0200
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:33:06 -0800

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:27:03PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 09:05:17PM +0100, Marc - A. Dahlhaus wrote:
> > Pasi Kärkkäinen schrieb:

> > >VGA console is not currently working in pv_ops dom0 patches. At least I
> > >haven't figured out how to make it work.
> > >
> > >Serial console works for me.
> > >
> > >There seems to be some problems with IRQ routing (?).. and thus ahci and
> > >ata_piix
> > >drivers don't seem to work currently.
> > >
> > >Hopefully next week we can get some debugging done when Jeremy is back.
> > >
> > >-- Pasi
> > >
> > Hello Pasi,
> >
> > followed the discussions about that and was sad to read that as my boxes
> > here also use the ata_piix module to
> > get the root device. I'll try to build a x86_64 image tomorrow as is
> > think it's a PAE problem.
> > Can you send me your working kernel config file?
> >

> My pv_ops dom0 kernel (32b PAE) config is here:
> http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/config-2.6.28-rc8-tip-dom0

Oh, forgot to mention that I'm not sure if that config is totally
correct/OK, since I can't get my dom0 kernel to boot up because of the
ata_piix problems :) It _seems_ to be OK based on what I can see happening
before it fails because no root volume found.

That config is made with "make oldconfig" from Fedora 10 default PAE kernel,
and then
I added pv_ops dom0 options etc.

-- Pasi