Re: [Xen-devel] Xen with dom0 pvops on ultra-recent "git tip" kernel on x86_64

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Christophe Saout <christophe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:17:48 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:18:11 -0800

Hi,

ok, I can work around the issue with reiserfsck reported earlier by
disabling CONFIG_UNEVICTABLE_LRU.  His code is using __get_user_pages
during mm teardown and this seems to have problems when current->mm is
already gone, which seems can happen with Xen and, from what I gathered
from some of Linus' older emails, should be allowed to.  (so this might
be a bug in Nick's UNEVICTABLE_LRU version of the mlock code?)

Anyway,

> Also, the console locked up after ~2 minutes, but still reacted to
> Alt-SysRq-B.

this still occurs.  So far I havent been able to get the full crash
since I can't scroll, but from what I have on the screen it is hitting
the BUG() in arch/x86/include/asm/mmu_context_64.h in switch_mm:

#ifdef CONFIG_SMP
        else {
                write_pda(mmu_state, TLBSTATE_OK);
                if (read_pda(active_mm) != next)
                if (!cpu_test_and_set(cpu, next->cpu_vm_mask)) {

Might be a secondary oops or something, not sure yet (still need to get
netconsole working).

Cheers,
        Christophe