Re: [Xen-devel] Live Migration CPU Compatibility Requirements?

junjie wei wrote:
Hello,

Do you know what is the Live Migration CPU compatibility requirements for Xen? Is there any restriction on Xen/Dom0 version for VM Live Migration? Please shed light on me.
Thank you very much.

Hi,

Since xen 3.3 there is a feature to configure the cpu xen exposes to the
guests. I did some tests by exposing a generic 686 cpu and try live
migration between Amd and Intel host cpus and it worked ok. There is
some config file example into the xen tree that explains how to do that.

This trick need much more testing if you want to do that in a production
environment.

Jean