Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xenheap disappearance: (was: xen_phys_start for32b)

>>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 15.01.09 19:51 >>>
>I think the patch you attached will work just fine for you for now. If your
>stuff goes in before getting rid of xenheap restrictions on x86/64, then I
>would take this patch at that time. But I think that's unlikely. Well, I
>hope it is, unless I stall on my xenheap patch again. :-)

I'd hope that too, because the patch as is must not go in, as it would break
other assumptions afaics: At present, the tools balloon out of Dom0 exactly
the amount needed for creating pv domains (I think there's some slack for
hvm ones), so the fact that the domain heap now serves xmalloc requires
that there always be some extra space available in Xen (also to serve
dynamic allocations). Additionally I think the minimum even a temporary
patch like this should do is fall back to allocating from the Xen heap when
the domain heap is unable the supply the requested amount.

Jan