Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops parport trouble

Keir Fraser wrote:
On 19/02/2009 15:28, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Note that IRQ 7 is *level* triggered and we have a bunch of *shared*
irqs which are *edge* triggered.  Given this I wonder my test box is
able to stay up that long.

Yes, that looks completely backwards. Could pv_ops dom0 be getting the
trigger flag in IO-APIC redir entries inverted somehow?

I guess that's possible, but the code in question does just pass the trigger and polarity straight through. What does it say about the trigger and polarity for those interrupts in the dmesg output?

I guess it would explain quite a few of the "lost interrupt" symptoms we've been seeing, but I'm surprised things work at all well if they really are reversed.