[Xen-devel] Academic Project

  • To: xen developers community <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: dinesh chandrasekaran <dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:49:48 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:20:15 -0800

Hi Folks,
               I'm developing a secure memory manager module for xen as a part of my academic project.
 Thereby protecting DomU memory by moving the trust for memory protection from Dom0 to hardware by encrypting/
 decrypting the guest memory on per-domain-secret key basis and realizing the same using a crypto coprocessor (FPGA)
 with necessary software (XEN) hooks and interfaces.

 Now one of the implementation issues is that how to move the domU memory allocation (both boot pages and application pages)
 to fall behind the coprocessor by modifying xen source. If so where in the source tree the changes have to be made.

 I did try modifying common/memory.c : populate_physmap(), but I am afraid this is not the right place.
 Since I have allocate real memory to domU, I am clueless.

 I would appreciate you If you could send me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
Dinesh C

Akshay Kumar takes on the two reigning Bollywood Khans. Catch the action on MSN Entertainment! Check it out!