Re: [Xen-devel] cpuid bit for relaxed timer handling?

  • To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:57:50 +0000
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:00:02 -0800

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately it's not that easy since Xen's own CPUID leaves are in the way
> and have to be relocated. Also if you advertise Viridian support in CPUID
> then you also have to implement some hypervisor service calls.

I had a feeling it would'nt be as simple as that.

> Perhaps your best bet is to see if James Harper knows anything about BSODs
> with GPLPV drivers on latest xen-unstable, and try to get that working?

You are right, I want to move to unstable anyway.. there are other
features I would like to try out and I think I've got to the stage
where I can handle running unstable Xen on my workstation.

Thanks Keir.
Andy