[Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops & gntdev?

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Also: 2.6.18 gntdev does some funky interaction with the balloon driver.
 What is the point in doing so?
Oh, the alloc_empty_pages_and_pagevec() stuff?  It allocates some pages,
just for their pfn slots, and then returns the underlying memory back to
Xen.  It uses the pfns to slot granted pages into.

Yep, gives pfn slot for the grant map.  And a struct page too.

/me wonderes whenever that is required or whenever I could just map the
grants without asking the balloon driver for some slots ...

I think they could be special ptes now, and not need any struct page.