Re: [Xen-devel] bring up Hypervisor on large (512GB) memory

On 27/02/2009 04:42, "Mukesh Rathor" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It was less broken than I remembered and the patch is really small. It's
>> changeset 19188 (also attached to this email).
>>
>>  -- Keir
>>

> I thought I'd give it a try to see if I can "port" this fix to 3.1.4,
> but didnt' get very far. Looks like xenheap is getting exhausted. It
> appears it has to be in low 2GB.
>
> Do you think it's even worth exploring this further, or are there too
> many issues backporting this?

Xen 3.1 does not relocate Xen, and it will be hard to backport those
patches. You'll have to specify xenheap_megabytes=64 (or whatever) manually
on the command line if you want a bigger Xen heap.

The specific 'fix' you mention above was actually only for a bug in
xen-unstable anyway.

 -- Keir