[Xen-devel] 2MB page PV guest support clarification

I was inspired by the talk from Ben Serebrin at this weeks' summit to investigate using 2MB pages in my Java VM on Xen for x86-64.

I think I have done everything correctly, but Xen (3.1.4) rejects my attempt to set the PSE bit in the L2 frame for the 2MB page. Looking at the Xen code the L2_DISALLOW_MASK (0xFF800180U) simply rejects the update if the PSE bit is set.

I found some posts from quite a while ago on xen-devel discussing patches to allow large pages, so my question is for clarification on the status of this feature. I.e., is it in any stable release and if so what version?

Thanks
Mick