Re: [Xen-devel] Design question for PV superpage support

On Monday 02 March 2009, Mick Jordan wrote:
> Ok. So I want to re-iterate my question from a previous post. After the
> patch allowing mixed mappings, what exactly went wrong on save/restore.
> And would my special case of 1-1 physival/virtual mappings with
> additional 2MB VM mappings adddress after domain start suffer in that case?

My understanding of save/restore is that it will save your carefully selected
2M pages, cheerfully restore them onto a random set of mfns, then expect your
guest to continue running.  I haven't studied it enough to know whether your
guest at least gets a chance to intervene and fix things after the restore.

Dave McCracken
Oracle Corp.