Re: [Xen-devel] The right way to get an actualxen-enabledkernel-source tree?

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 02:14:22PM +0100, Rustedt, Florian wrote:
> Thanks again ;)
>
> Reason for 2.6.28 is, that i was told by xen-users that 2.6.27 from SLES is
> buggy and after tests, i could approve that.
> Additionally, i was told that 2.6.28 with xen support is stable.
> Unfortunately, nobody could tell me until now, where i could get that
> mysterious 2.6.28-xen-kernel, so that's why i am asking now here..
>
> As i am using gentoo, i would need a source-tree to compile the kernel for
> me, prebuild binaries wont be from help.
> I didn't find any not sles-xen-kernel-source (src-rpm) in higher versions,
> p.e. by redhat to "steel" this ;)
>
> I tried the "lenny"-way, but debian makes some strange things in the
> kernel-source packages that i don't understand in result as non-debianist, so
> i went back again to the roots and wanted to take the good old vanilla-source
> and patch it ;)
>
> What is your advice concerning the stability of jeremys pv_ops enabled
> git-sources concerning stability?
>
> An absolute no-go, or is it near stable, just waiting for some last checks?

pv_ops dom0 is still under development, and right now (as of yesterday)
starting to work.. for me :)

If you need stable dom0 kernel right now you need to go for 2.6.18 based tree..

Or then just use for example RHEL5 or CentOS5, they contain stable Xen
packages/kernels based on 2.6.18 tree with latest drivers and bugfixes added.

-- Pasi