AW: [Xen-devel] The right way to get an actual xen-enabledkernel-source tree?

  • To: "Carsten Schiers" <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:57:50 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:58:35 -0800

Hardware-issue are the network-drivers on that HP, the're too new for 2.6.18

I don't know exactly when they got statically bound into the kernel, but at
least after 2.6.21.
It's part of the tg3-drivers:
Tigon3 [partno(N/A) rev a200 PHY(5722/5756)] (PCI Express) 10/100/1000Base-T
Ethernet

I need gigabit. I tried to use the drivers seperatly and compile them in with
xen-2.6.18, but they all went down to 100MBit, only the newer kernel-internal
tigon3 went up to gigabit.

So i'm stuck to newer kernels....

Florian