Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Continuing problems booting

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Yes, that's what I suspected.   Can you write up a proper patch?

I've two patches for you.  The first turns the silly "xen-pirq-pirq" in
/proc/interrupts into something useful.  The second does proper legacy
irq setup on top of that.

Could you s-o-b them too?

+       if (0 == nr_ioapics) {
+               for (irq=0; irq < NR_IRQS_LEGACY; irq++)
+                       xen_allocate_pirq(irq, "legacy");
+               return;
+       }

I guess the assumption here is that if there's no ioapics, we don't have acpi? Or I guess it doesn't matter because we can't program the triggering anyway.

+
        /* Pre-allocate legacy irqs */
        for (irq=0; irq < NR_IRQS_LEGACY; irq++) {
-               int trigger, polarity;
-
-               if (acpi_get_override_irq(irq, &trigger, &polarity) == -1)
-                       continue;
+               int trigger= 1, polarity = 0;
+ acpi_get_override_irq(irq, &trigger, &polarity);
                xen_register_gsi(irq,
                        trigger ? ACPI_LEVEL_SENSITIVE : ACPI_EDGE_SENSITIVE,
                        polarity ? ACPI_ACTIVE_LOW : ACPI_ACTIVE_HIGH);

I don't think this is correct, for two reasons. 1: I think the default ISA triggering is edge/active low, so this will result in screaming interrupts if we ever use the defaults, but 2: acpi_get_override_irq() returns the appropriate default for ISA anyway, and we shouldn't do anything if it fails (otherwise we might try to do things to magic-irq 2 which could upset things, though I suspect Xen will stop anything really bad from happening).