[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Re: Successful PCIe Graphics VT-d Passthrough to Win32 DomU, Q35 chipset

  • To: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Alexia Benington <alexbenington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:11:45 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:12:09 -0700

Hi,

I've tried going through Xen-unstable (as of Changeset 19400), and I
believe that the necessary code to make VGA passthrough work correctly
has not been incorporated into Xen-unstable yet.

The closest that I ever got was that DomU can detect the VGA card. I
had to disable the Cirrus or Std VGA bios loaded by hvmloader. But
DomU still can't make use of the card properly. For Windows, it shows
Error Code 10 in Device Manager. I was also expecting video output on
the monitor connected to the passed through card. However, that wasn't
the case.

-Alex