RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] xend: pass slot for pass-through devices to qemu-xen

Simon Horman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:36:39AM +1100, Simon Horman wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 01:39:15PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>>> Simon Horman writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] xend: pass slot for
>>> pass-through devices        to qemu-xen"):
>>>
>>> Should any of the related changes in qemu-xen-unstable be backed
>>> out ?
>>
>> I don't think that is necessary, I will double-check.
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> I just checked against:
>
> qemu-xen-unstable
>   545882583159e9cc53cde5965277967092459f37
>   cirrus: Do not clear vram area to 0xff when not yet allocated.
>
> xen-unstable
>   19425:0477f9061c8a
>   x86: Build fixes and cleanups after Intel MCA changes.
>
> While specifying the vslot for non-hotplug pass-through devices
> does not work (as expected), the other aspects of pass-through
> and hot-plug seem to be functional.
>

> I have small patches for both xen-unstable and qemu-xen-unstable to
> fix the outstanding user configuration of the vslot for pass-through
> problem.  (The problem being that the user may specify the vslot but
> neither xend nor qemu-dm  will take any notice).  I will do some more
> testing with a view to sending them out later today.
Oh, I just saw this mail. :-)

BTW, when you send out the patches, could you please also update the Xen VT-d
HOWTO(http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo) accordingly?
You may need to ask Stephen Spector(in the CC) for the edit permission to the
wiki.

Thanks!

-- Dexuan