Re: [Xen-devel] Xen domain save file should be deleted/renamed after successful restore operation

Michal Novotny writes ("[Xen-devel] Xen domain save file should be
deleted/renamed after successful restore operation"):
> Hello everybody,
> I have found a problem about the checkpoint file (saved domain file)
> that has been already used to restore a domain. The second time
> restoring domain from the same saved domain file will result in disk
> corruption and kernel of VM saved in this save file is in an
> inconsistent state then.

Yes.  Don't do that then.

> You can replicate this by eg. creating some PV domain, saving it using
> `xm save` command to /var/lib/xen/save directory and restoring it again.
> The domain save file is not deleted or anything so when rebooting dom0
> `xendomains` script starts this machine again but this results in disk
> corruption of disk used for this guest.

In particular, the /var/lib/xen/save directory is for use by the
automatic domain management scripts like `xendomains'.  Do not
manually save a domain into it and absolutely do not restore a domain
from it manually!

Ian.