Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch 2/4 v2] ioemu: Do slot parsing inside of next_bdf

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:23:52AM +1100, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:37:36AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes ("[patch 2/4 v2] ioemu: Do slot parsing inside of
> > next_bdf"):
> > > Currently only hotplug provides vslot information from xend.
> > > A subsequent patch will have xend provide this information
> > > for boot-time inserted pass-through devices too.
> >
> > If I apply 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 of your series, will it still work with
> > old xends ?
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> It depends what you mean by an old xend (do you have a particular
> version in mind) and I will need to re-check, but I don't think
> that those changes break compatibility.

Hi,

I have checked against the following trees, and there do
not seem to be any compatibiliy issues introduced by any
of these patches.

qemu-xen-unstable
  545882583159e9cc53cde5965277967092459f37
  cirrus: Do not clear vram area to 0xff when not yet allocated.

xen-unstable
  19426:0b13d9787622
  libxc: fix link error of xc_save on ia64

During testing I noted that 2/4 needs to be applied before 3/4,
but there don't seem to be any other ordering constraints.

More speficically, I tested the following with static and hot-plug
pass-through and found them to work.

Patches applied
- none
- 2/4
- 4/4
- 2/4 3/4
- 2/4 4/4
- 2/4 3/4 4/4

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office