Re: [Xen-devel] Diagnose stuff

On 25/03/2009 08:24, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> while implementing cpupool support in XEN I had to track down some issues
> with deadlocks. Is there any interest in patches for the following?
>
> - compile time switchable spinlock timeout detection

NMI watchdog support effectively gets us this, and more general deadlock
detection. Just put 'watchdog' on Xen's command line.

> - printout of state of ALL cpus to console in case of hypervisor crash

Not sure how useful this would be really for most crashes. Probably we don't
want it.

> - some enhancements in lock handling to reduce (potential) latency:
>   Today in *lock_irq and *lock_irqsave interrupts are disabled and then
>   spinning is started. If the lock is not obtained, enabling and disabling of
>   IRQs in the spinloop would block IRQs as short as possible.

Could do. I don't think our IRQ locks are very contended, but equally I
suppose the patch is only a few lines.

 -- Keir