Re: [Xen-devel] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working

Ananth wrote:
Hello,
When I install guest OS on xen using "xm create /path/of/file/ubuntu.cfg -c" , I am getting an error message *"Error*: Device 0 (*vif*) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working <http://markmail.org/message/24aj3qs6ddrtwdks>" . I also saw that hotplugs and udev are prerequisites to be installed before compiling xen. I could not find hotplugs in Yast. However i installed udev.
My vif value in the config file is set to [' '].

Please guide me through this.

Did you build this yourself, or are you using a packaged version? If you built it, from what sources? Which kernel are you using for dom0 and domU?