RE: [Xen-devel] Reconciling multiple Xen flavored development streams

> This is where I've spent my time recently. I've built the tree and
> booted it on a couple of systems.  I like the more modular approach
> when building the components actually. That's necessary of course given the
> use of uClibc and buildroot.  I'm curious how the build system and the
> modularity gets fitted against the current server tree.  Also how does
> the ocaml work get reconciled against the current python tools approach
> in the main xen tree. The current ocaml stuff is more minimalist which
> makes it a nice fit for the client hypervisor or an embedded approach.
> Do the tool stacks live side by side and when a build is done I
> configure which stack to use? Or do you anticipate this work will be
> kept separate.

I like the configurable approach and it seems a good direction to head in.

Having a complete 'reference implementation' of the client hypervisor complete
with tiny dom0 filesystem is making development much easier than worrying about
all the different distros that the hypervisor and toolstack might be installed
on, and we're ending up with something that's purpose-built, smaller, and
optimized. There's a strong argument for doing something similar for server.

Ian