AW: RE: AW: RE: [Xen-devel] Huge Time went backwards

Thanks Dan.

As I lost my setup (although I could have restored that - it was an
lvm), I set
up everything new. Today I compiled Xen 3.3.1, 3.3-testing and
3.4-unstable and
two kernel pairs for 64 and 32 bit (with and without MSI support; I have
some
issues with that in one of my DomUs that gets four PCI devices passed
thru).

As I am unsure whether I can simply install xen-unstable tools over
3.3.1, I will
set up a copy of my Dom0 and install it there. I modified the extra
version so
that I can use the same boot dir and still can distinguish between the
kernels.

I still have not found anything like tagging for the kernel; the
tar-ball for
Xen-3.3.1 will not compile with my Xen. So for kernels, it's now the one
from
today in any case.

Next step is to carefully start testing, beginning with MSI and Xen 3.4,
as I
expect the best results there. Then I will shorten the ondemand sampling
rate,
which is now at roughly 4 sec. This is to prevent the core to jump their
clock
rate too often.

In parallel, I will try to find out where exactly this message is
produced and
what it means.

I will report ;-)

Andy yes, it's all pv, no hvm. And all DomUs get their time from
Dom0/ntpd.
And there seems to be no drift.

Best Regards,
Carsten.