RE: [Xen-devel] Is 802.1p surpported by xen?

> Hi
>
> I tried to support 802.1p in my windows pv driver, but i failed to find
> any support about this in xen till now.
> NETTXF_csum_blank and NETTXF_extra_info can help to realize checksum and
> GSO offload. Are there any flags to realize 802.1p for frontend?
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.

How are you trying to support this? It should be as simple as telling Windows
that it is supported and then maintaining different packet queues in your
driver. I don't think that there is any state information that is shared
between different adapters.

What happens on the backend interface and beyond is pretty much beyond your
control, but as long as they respect the priority tags it should be fine, and
even if they don't at least you have transmitted the packets based on the
priority so you've done your bit.

James