Re: [Xen-devel] MSI-X interrupts to guests

>>> Kieran Mansley <kmansley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 15.04.09 18:12 >>>
>> >    rc = HYPERVISOR_physdev_op(PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq, &map_irq);
>>
>> But you don't do this yourself, you get this done for you, right?
>
>No, I was doing it myself.  What approach would you recommend?

In general this should be taken care of by the code in drivers/pci/msi-xen.c,
unless of course you're trying to pass through less than a full PCI device.

>> >This call succeeds.  dom0 then tells the guest the value of map_irq.pirq
>> >(which seems to have a sensible value given the other interrupts mapped
>> >to that domain) that it gets back from this hypercall, and the guest
>> >tries to call request_irq() using that value.  The call to request_irq()
>> >returns -38 (ENOSYS).
>> >
>> >Any ideas what the problem could be?  I'm happy to investigate.
>>
>> What kernel version is it that's running in the guest? Sounds like some
>> preparatory step might be missing the particular kernel version you got.
>
>c/s 855 from the linux-2.6.18-xen.hg tree.

That should have all that's needed (as Espen also indicated). You'll have to
hunt down where that -ENOSYS gets generated.

Jan