Re: [Xen-devel] MSI-X interrupts to guests

[Kieran Mansley]
> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 17:10 +0100, Espen Skoglund wrote:
>> Oh.  I just noticed that you map the MSI directly to the guest.
>> You should first map it into dom0 as an MSI (to set up the MSI-X
>> descriptor)

> OK, I'll check that: I thought our driver might be doing that
> already, but apparently not.

As Jan was saying, your dom0 kernel should take care of this.  Just
use the standard pcie_enable_msix() call to set it up.

>> and then map it to domU as a GSI.

> The GSI bit is something I wasn't expecting.  Any hints on the API
> for mapping this?  Having done so I assume that the request_irq() in
> the guest should then succeed.

> Thanks very much for your help.

The API is the same as used for mapping regular PIRQs (they just
happen to be MSI-X vectors).  In particular, xend will use the right
API when mapping a PIRQ to the guest.

        eSk