Re: [Xen-devel] xen client installation question

Jun Koi wrote:
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And could you explain why we have to use buildroot, and what is the
benefit of using busybox+uclibc?
as Jean was saying, this is mostly related to the size of the output. and also to be in a control environment in dom0, so we don't depend of different udev scripts or something like that.

Note that you should be able to compile most of the trees (kernel, toolstack, ...) by yourself on any distribution, if you install everything that's necessary.
but it won't be as easy and guaranteed to work as inside of our build.

--
Vincent