Re: [Xen-devel] Re: NX related build failure in latest pv_ops dom0 hackery tree

Hi Jeremy,

> > I could try to compile netconsole and the NIC driver into the kernel to
> > capture the kernel messages if that would help.
>
> Well, I've tried it on a newish Intel mobo machine with on-board ahci,
> and that fails.  Another, older, Dell machine using a scsi controller
> works fine.  I haven't tried my laptop yet.
>
> In theory AHCI is ACHI, so the controller vendor shouldn't matter.   It
> may have more to do with interrupt controller configuration or memory
> layout.
>
> On your failing machine, does it work any better if you switch the
> controller to compat/legacy mode?

I only have network and remote reset possibility and to boot from a
network rescue system, so sorry, can't test that.

I will try to get some kernel messages and also check if the latest
hackery kernel boots.

        Christophe