Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 Feature Requests

Hi,

From: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:24:20 +0900

> dm-ioband has rpm package of RHEL/CentOS, so you can use dm-ioband for xen.
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-04/msg00116.html
>
> If you are interested in dm-ioband, please comment to Ryo.
> He would want feedbacks from many users.

Thanks you takebe-san for introducing dm-ioband.

I ran some benchmarks with Xen and got goot results.
  Bandwidth control for Xen
  - On a per Xen virtual block device basis.
  http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/benchmark/xen-partition.html
  - On a per Xen blktap process basis.
  http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/benchmark/xen-blktap.html

You can download RPM packages for RHEL/CentOS from the below link.
  http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/binary.html
And you can find configuration examples on the below link.
  http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/manual/examples.html#AEN584

Please try to use dm-ioband and let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
Ryo Tsuruta