[Xen-devel] Re: POC: ncurses in stubdom

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner, le Tue 28 Apr 2009 22:46:19 +0200, a Ãcrit :
>> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Ferenc Wagner, le Tue 28 Apr 2009 21:56:07 +0200, a Ãcrit :

>>> Ok, but applications could still be upset to see access() work and not
>>> open(), or vice-versa.
>>
>> Sure, but then they are buggy.
>
> So be they.  We unfortunately can't change all of them just by will.

I tried to imply there shouldn't be that many of them.  Maybe none...
Well, at least not too many which could be usefully run in a stubdom.

>>> Errr, so grub2 doesn't unconditionally use posix_memalign.  How did
>>> grub2 detect HAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN?
>>
>> By autoconf:
>> AC_CHECK_FUNCS(posix_memalign memalign asprintf)
>
> Mmmmm, and I guess it's linking against the host OS, not the stubdom OS,
> grmbl.

Ugh, that can be.  One can't pass LDFLAGS to configure, as then:

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.

Cross compilation should be made more explicit somehow.

>>> Oh right, sorry.  The final link is not done there but by the minios
>>> paragraph of stubdom/Makefile.  You can either set APP_LDLIBS to
>>> -lncurses there, to override the empty default of mini-os/Makefile, or
>>> add -lncurses to APP_LDLIBS in the ifeq($libc),y) section along others.
>>
>> This is what I did in the POC.
>
> Err, in your patch it wasn't in the ifeq section but the empty
> declaration.

Yes, I read the above as allowing that.  But I'll move it.
--
Thanks,
Feri.