Re: [Xen-devel] xen.git branch reorg / success with 2.6.30-rc3 pv_ops dom0

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
Oh, look, we're not reserving the Xen pagetable, and this time we really should. Does this work for you?

Yes, this fixes the problem! Now xen-tip/next pv_ops dom0 boots OK for me,
just like dom0/hackery did earlier!

Great! I'd be interested to know if you're still having HIGHPTE problems. It may or may not have got fixed.

But there's more.. I was pretty surprised when I booted up my testbox, using the serial console as usual, and in the end of the boot process login
prompt (getty) appeared on the VGA text console (tty1) !!

Yes, I fixed that separately the other day, but wouldn't have noticed without being able to boot ;)

Next I tried without the serial console, and yes, now the VGA text console works just like it does with the old 2.6.18 xenlinux tree! I can see the
pv_ops dom0 kernel boot messages after Xen boot messages just fine.

Good.  Have you tried starting X?