Re: [Xen-devel] Wrong number of sockets on IBM x3850 M2

  • To: Gary Grebus <ggrebus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:34:16 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 May 2009 07:34:43 -0700

On 07/05/2009 15:06, "Gary Grebus" <ggrebus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of our customers has reported that Xen determines the wrong topology
> for their machines, identifying them as 6 sockets x 4 cores when in fact
> they are 4 sockets x 6 cores (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X7460  @ 2.66GHz
> stepping 01).  The systems are IBM x3850 M2.

Where is this reported? Via the SYSCTL_physinfo hypercall? You might have to
work backwards from the cpu_sibling_map and cpu_core_map values which are
used there to derive the info returned by that hypercall. The fact that the
APIC IDs of the CPUs are pretty random and jumbled as the CPUs are brought
up should not matter.

 -- Keir