[Xen-devel] [PVUSB] usbbusname is changing after rebooting

Hello, all!
Hello, Noboru!

Hotplug rule for PVUSB consists of

I noticed that usbbusname sometimes changes from time to time after host rebooting.
For example, yesterday i had it as "6-1", today it is "2-1".

I saw the topic about usbbusname on replugging.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-04/msg00400.html
Replugging doesn't change the usbbusname, but what about host rebooting?

I suppose, usb bus number is assigned during booting and may vary each time. To identify usb device correctly i have to see dmesg after rebooting. It's quite inconvinient, imho.

What do you think about another method of USB naming like VendorId:ProductId of usb devices to be grabbed by domU? It seems that HVM guests use this method by means of the parameter 'usbdevice'.

Thank you.

Sergey.

believed to be clean.