[Xen-devel] Re: Grub2 on Xen PV

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner, le Fri 15 May 2009 16:57:01 +0200, a Ãcrit :
>
>> I contacted the Grub people, and they seem more interested in
>> creating a native Xen port of Grub than piggybacking the Mini-OS
>> environment
>
> We actually had discussed a bit about that at XenSource.  If they have
> the will to maintain it then it's all the best I guess.

I wonder if that approach would turn out much different in the end...

> They can reuse my kexec code.

Only if you relicense it.  If you're still subscribed to grub-devel,
you already know this but if not: Grub is GPLv3+, Xen is GPLv2, so
they can't use Xen code.  Parts of MiniOS are licensed differently,
but it's still too swampy to work with, as it looks.  :(
--
Feri.