[Xen-devel] Re: Where do we stand with the Xen patches?

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 00:30 +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

> We need these hooks but as I wrote above, they are
> architecture-specific and we should handle them with the architecture
> abstraction (as we handle similar problems) however we can't due to
> dom0 support.

I don't understand this. What exactly about the dom0 support patch
prevents future abstraction here?

The dom0 hooks would simply move into the per-arch abstractions as
appropriate, wouldn't they?

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Mondo Generator - Simple Exploding Man

"We are on the verge: Today our program proved Fermat's next-to-last theorem."
                -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982