Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.4.0 & pvgrub

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 08:22:07PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Mickael Marchand, le Thu 21 May 2009 20:19:53 +0200, a écrit :
> > >
> > > Mmm, your dom0 probably has a kernel that doesn't cope well with
> > > reconnecting devices, which kernel does it have ?
> >
> > the standard 2.6.24-24-xen from ubuntu,
> > it works fine with xen 3.3 afaict (using it in production)
>
> With pv-grub, you mean?  I.e. with the same dom0 kernel, an upgraded
> hypervisor, and the same domU kernel, you now have issues with pv-grub
> while you didn't have any before?
>
> Samuel

* Xen 3.3.1 :
[    0.096978] Event-channel device installed.

[    0.102662] Successfully initialized TPM backend driver.

[    0.105036] netfront: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.

[   19.156897] xen-vbd: registered block device major 202

[   19.156918] blkfront: xvda1: barriers enabled

[    0.141005] rtc: IRQ 8 is not free.

* Xen 3.4.0 :
[    0.091188] Event-channel device installed.

[    0.096703] Successfully initialized TPM backend driver.

[    0.096920] netfront: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.

[    0.132989] rtc: IRQ 8 is not free.

missing the 2 lines about xen-vbd and blkfront apparently

Mik