Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.0 - Windows 2008 Lockup

On 23/05/2009 15:48, "Teck Choon Giam" <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> No need for you to test it if that's your only reason for switchign back to
>> 3.4.
>
> Ok noted ;)  I will have to apply that patch and test myself if
> xen-3.4.0 problem for lockup HVM windows 2008 persist after trying
> various config setting as I would like to have all xen servers running
> on same version/release to make my maintenance easy/simple (I compile
> own RPMs and run updates on yum repos).
>
> Thanks for all the prompt replies and support :)

Oh, by the way it would be interesting to see if your Windows slowness is
affected by putting hap=0 in the domain config file. Are you running with
recent Intel processors which support EPT, or with AMD processors supporting
NPT? The former can be checked via xm dmesg and look for EPT in the output.
If not then hap=0 will actually have no effect.

 -- Keir