Re: [Xen-devel] hypercall_xlat_continuation()

>>> Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> 26.05.09 20:43 >>>
>Keir Fraser wrote:
>> You know that all the 'xlat' stuff in Xen is for 32-bit guests running on
>> 64-bit hypervisor, right? 64-bit dom0 would never execute this logic.
>
>Unless someone like me, in trying to make 32bit apps on 64bit dom0 work,
>causes it to take compat path if it's 32bit hcall. Yeah, I know whacky :)...

I don't think that's a good approach - even when dealing with 32-bit apps,
it's a 64-bit kernel, and hence you should rather translate things to the
64-bit format in the kernel layer that sits in between (after all, apps can't
do hypercalls directly).

Jan