Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen is a feature

Andi Kleen wrote:
George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

cc list from hell trimmed.
allowing Linux to run as dom0 *is* improving Linux.  The lack of dom0
support is at this moment making life more difficult for a huge number
of Linux users who use Xen, including Mozilla, Debian, and Amazon.
Adding dom0 support would make Linux even more useful to a wide
variety of people not using Xen at the moment.

Perhaps one way to address this problem would be to make the Dom0
interface less intrusive for the host OS?

I'm certainly not deaf to criticism along those lines, and I'm looking at ways of cleaning up/decoupling those interactions.

But my frustration arises from the fact that there's been a total stall on merging any of the pieces, even the ones which are either uncontroversial, or purely xen-internal changes.