[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] xend: hot-plug PCI devices at boot-time

Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi Dexan,
>
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:05:16PM +0800, Cui, Dexuan wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>> Did you test the patch (c/s 19679) with 'static assignment'?
>> It breaks the static assignment of devices...
>>
>> e.g., I only place a pci=['01:00.0'] in my hvm guest config file,
>> but I find ioemu invokes register_real_device() twice for the same
>> device 01:00.0!
>>
>> I haven't looked into it carefully. Just post here FYI first.
>
> Yes, I did test static assignment, and it does seem to work.
> Do you have the qemu-xen patch applied?
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-05/msg01289.html
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice the mail... and the patch hasn't been in
qemu-xen-unstable.git tree yet.
After I applied the patch (I met with a small conflict when applying it and I
manually fixed it -- I guess you may need to rebase the patch against the
latest qemu-xen-unstable.git), looks everything backs to normal. :-)

>> BTW, there is another bug with guest hotplug:
>> After I create a guest without assigning any device to it, I can 'xm
>> pci-attach' a device into the guest, but "xm pci-list" doesn't show
>> the vslot info. Looks this issue is originally introduced by c/s
>> 19510. Can you and Masaki Kanno have a look?
>
> Yes, of course, I will look into it.
>
> Which revisions of xen-unstable.hg and qemu-xen-unstable.git are you
> using?
I'm using the latest xen c/s 19696 and ioemu
72f4654095e0ac1539749b628e98f5e1569c9801 plus applying your patch manually now
and can still reproduce it.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan