Re: [Xen-devel] How to determine memory size in HVM

On 10/06/2009 12:39, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Yes, that's the framebuffer. It is variable size, in principle,
> though. I'm
>> not sure you can do better than read XENMEM_current_reservation and
>> memory/target at driver startup time, and keep the delta between them
>> constant.
>
> There is a XENMEM_maximum_reservation, which I think makes it 8MB
> exactly instead of 8060KB (7.xxxMB). Would I be better off using that as
> a comparison?

I don't think you should depend on that.

Perhaps just having XENMEM_current_reservation track memory/target would be
fine. I'm not sure if it will make e.g. The memory values returned by 'xm
list' incorrect.

We might have to provide more info to you via xenstore to do the 100% right
thing here.

 -- Keir