From: Carsten Schiers [mailto:carsten@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2009?6?11? 16:20
To: Cui, Dexuan; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AW: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.4 and FLR

Dexuan,
Stefan,

from my past experience, I can tell you that these boards with nForce chipsets
like the one Stefan uses have all 3/4 PCI slots behind a PCI bridge. I own a
Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3.

Assuming that Stefan has only PV domains running, I can confirm that the patch,
which I included manually (due to some offsets) still works.

I still would vote for some kind of option to disable the necessety of
co-assignment
in cases where they are not necessary or wanted.

I am missing the knowledge to help, but I can imagine that there are cases in
which
it is mandatory (when I understood right, it's when VT-d is used), but maybe it
is
usefull to have FLR support also, when you have HVM Domains running without VT-d
support. Is it usefull to have FLR implemented in a pure-PV environment, too?

I attached the outputs of the commands, just in case it makes sense to have a
look
at them.

BR,
Carsten.