RE: [Xen-devel] save image file format? and [RFC] tmem save/restore/migrate

> BTW, the HVM save records supplied by Xen to libxc _are_
> self-identifying and extensible (and there's room in the header for a
> version number, though by sticking to the principle of only
> transferring
> architectural state we've avoided the need to use it so far).  But
> they're just dropped into the stream after the memory pages and before
> xend glues on the qemu record.

Semi-related, does this mean that HVM live migrate
is fully-compatible between versions of Xen, e.g.
either way between a Xen 3.1 machine and a Xen 3.4
machine and back again, even though new fields
(TSS? EPT?) are in the save record?

Thanks,
Dan