Re: [Xen-devel] how to tell if a DomU (HVM) touches a specific address

On 21/06/2009 10:49, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Is the physical address RAM? If there is no physical page at that
> address
>> then accesses in that range will trap to qemu and you could pick them
> up
>> there.
>>

> What's the best place to do that? I've had a little look and can't find
> where the trap would 'come in'.

cpu_physical_memory_rw() is qemu's main interface to readign and writing
physical memory regions. Everything (RAM accesses, MMIO accesses, and also
accesses which go to nowhere) go through that, so hooking there would be
sensible.

 -- Keir