Re: [Xen-devel] How to monitor and control VMs which are distributed in dozens of servers

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 20:43 +0800, lingyi wrote:
> Hi, Xen developers~
>

> I have about dozens of servers served as Xen server, and there are
> about 100 VMs running on them.
> Now I want to have a unified interface to monitor all the Xen servers
> and VMs, collecting information such as server's PV size, memory, VM's
> IP, LV size, memory allocated, etc.

I have created a sort of "nagios for xen" that works entirely over
Xenbus. At the moment, it only works for paravirtualized domains and is
very Linux centric.

You can browse the code here:

http://echoreply.us/hg/nexgent.hg

A list of what's exported (and how to find it in xenstore) is available
here:

http://echoreply.us/hg/nexgent.hg/index.cgi/file/8561117917a6/docs/dir_layout.txt

It will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about each PV
dom-u, including its actual disk / memory usage.

Beware, alpha code and the interface is still quite shifty.

Cheers,
--Tim